The Athletic Program is founded upon the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart Schools. The Athletic Program educates to a life-long sense of responsibility for health and well-being. The program provides equal opportunity for all students to learn about sport, develop skills and exercise leadership. Through the "no-cut" policy, everyone has the opportunity to be on the team, regardless of size or experience. The program promotes self-discipline, responsibility and decision-making as well as learning the benefits of cooperation and respect for other people. Each student has the opportunity to apply skills in situations commensurate with his or her own interest and skill level.
UPPER SCHOOL ATHLETIC PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- 17 State Championship Titles
- 13 “Coach of the Year” Honorees
- 2015, 2013 & 2012 Tennis State Champions
- 2014 Catholic High School League Field Hockey Champions
- 2009 Catholic High School League Golf Champions
- 2007, 2006, 2005, 2002 and 2000 Lacrosse State Champions
- Catholic High School League Divisional Softball Champions
- 2005 Catholic High School League Divisional Volleyball Champions
- 2002 Coach of the Year – Tennis (multiple years), State of Michigan, Catholic League, Local Newspaper Pick
- 5 All-American Lacrosse Players
MIDDLE SCHOOL ATHLETIC PROGRAMS
Kensington Hall and the Middle School for Girls maintain an extremely competitive interscholastic sports program. The boys participate in soccer and tennis in the fall; basketball in the winter; and lacrosse and golf in the spring. The girls play field hockey and volleyball in the fall; basketball in the winter; and lacrosse, softball and tennis in the spring. These sports were chosen because they offer opportunities to all of the students, regardless of size or background, and because they offer a chance to build camaraderie. The programs complement an active and ongoing intramural program.
INTRAMURAL ATHLETIC PHILOSOPHY
The boys and girls intramural athletic programs are separate. They provide equal opportunity for all students to acquire knowledge in their areas of interest. Emphasis is placed on playing time, the enjoyment of sport, development of self-esteem, character and physical skills. All participants are members of a team and have an opportunity to apply those skills in competitive situations.