The Academy of the Sacred Heart believes that any qualified student should not refrain from applying for admissions solely because of tuition assistance consideration. Approximately 25% of the Academy’s student body receives tuition assistance. To the extent that our funds permit, tuition assistance is available to deserving students, beginning with Grade 1, whose parents are able to establish financial need.
How to Apply
In order for us to allocate our resources wisely and fairly, we have enlisted the help of FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Service. FACTS does not decide whether tuition assistance will be given or how much to give; rather FACTS provides a need-based tuition assistance analysis service. FACTS provides the school with a report, which includes a recommendation of what a family should reasonably contribute toward tuition. All information from FACTS is kept confidential. Applications are reviewed by the Tuition Assistance Committee, which recommends allocation of tuition assistance resources for the next year. Please contact the Finance Office at 248-646-8900 with questions.
Steps and Items to Note
- Access the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Service website.
- Once there, sign in or create a new account and start an application. You have the option to fill out additional information that may be pertinent to your application. In addition, a copy of your most recent tax return should be mailed or faxed directly to
- Even if you have more than one student applying, your family only completes one tuition assistance assessment. There is a $35 fee to process the application. Once completed, the application will be available immediately for the Tuition Assistance Committee’s review. You may be contacted by the Business Office if additional information is needed.
- The Academy’s Tuition Assistance Committee will notify families in writing of the Committee’s decision. Details on enrollment contracts and deposit deadlines will also be included in this correspondence.
- Each year, families must reapply for tuition assistance. Awards are made on a first-come basis; early application is encouraged. Please see important dates below.
- All family tuition assistance information is held in strict confidence by the Academy of the Sacred Heart.
Application window opens for upcoming school year.
Tuition assistance applications due.
2018 Federal Income Tax Return due to FACTS.