Young Scholars Program
Primary and Lower School students make visible the mission of Madeleine Sophie Barat, a genuine love of learning, deep respect for others, faith in action, curiosity and creative thought. Essential to the completion of instructional objectives is the element of creative play, eager participation in the learning process, a desire to attempt new activities and academic promise.
The Young Scholars Program Scholarship is awarded to new students, boys or girls, in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 4, who exhibit curiosity for learning, perseverance, independence and interpersonal skills. These qualifications will be assessed by the administrator and faculty using observations during the applicant's visiting day and performance on the age-appropriate assessment tool.
New students eligible to apply for this will be notified in the acceptance letter and invited to complete the Scholarship Application Form. Scholarship applicants will then spend time with members of the scholarship committee, demonstrating academic promise and creative participation in the learning process.
Amount and Eligibility:
- $3,500 scholarship, with annual renewal until the completion of Lower School
- Boys and girls entering Grades Pre-K-4
Conditions for Annual Renewal:
- Commitment to Goals and Criteria is evident in student and family
- Student demonstrates continued excellence
- Family is current on all financial obligations to the school
Additional Dimensions of Program:
- Award will be reflected and applied on the enrollment contract
- Scholarship may be applied to any charitable fund at ASH or used by recipient toward tuition
Scholarship Application Process:
- Following acceptance to ASH, the applicant's parent must complete a Scholarship Application Form
- Scholarship applicants will then spend time with members of the scholarsip committee, demonstrating academic promise and creative participation in the learning process.
- The award will be reflected on the enrollment contract.