Knights of the Sacred Heart are distinctive in their exemplary commitment to academic ingenuity and promise. Knights distinguish themselves with demonstrated commitment to the values of the Goals and Criteria, consistent service to others, healthy participation in group activities, demonstration of faith in action and evidence of responsible citizenship.
This scholarship is awarded to new students who excel academically, show evidence of capacity for original thought and critical thinking. These young men are able to communicate with adults and peers, and make the commitment to be leaders in the school community in both word and action.
New students eligible to apply for the Knight Scholarship will be notified in the acceptance letter and invited to complete the Scholarship Application Form. Scholarship applicants will then meet with the Scholarship Committee for a personal interview and to submit a writing sample.
Amount and Eligibility:
- $4,000 scholarship, renewable for up to four years
- Boys entering Grades 5-8
Conditions for Annual Renewal:
- Commitment to Goals and Criteria is evident in student and family
- Student demonstrates continued excellence
- Family is current on all financial obligations to the school
Additional Dimensions of Program:
- Award will be reflected and applied on the enrollment contract
- Scholarship may be applied to any charitable fund at ASH or used by recipient toward tuition
Scholarship Application Process:
- Following acceptance to the Academy of the Sacred Heart, the applicant must complete a Scholarship Application Form
- The following criteria will be assessed for each scholarship applicant:
- Achieves 85-92% composite score on the admissions testing
- Review of previous testing
- Eligible applicants will be invited to the final steps of the selection process:
- Personal interview with scholarship committee
- Completion of a writing sample on a topic given to applicant
- The award will be reflected on the enrollment contract.