Janet Erskine Stuart Scholarship Awards
Janet Erskine Stuart Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievements, including grades and test scores, as well as strong teacher recommendations. The award is named for the first English Superior General of the Society of the Sacred Heart, a recognized authority in the field of education and an author of books dealing with curriculum.
This $4,500 scholarship is given to a student who will be attending Kensington Hall or the Middle School for Girls in recognition of his/her academic achievement and his/her commitment to the Goals and Criteria of a Sacred Heart education.
Amount and Eligibility:
- $4,500 scholarship, renewable for up to four years, based on continuing academic excellence
- Students entering Grade 5 - Kensington Hall and Middle School for Girls
Conditions for Annual Renewal:
- Commitment to Goals and Criteria is evident in student and family
- Student demonstrates continued academic excellence
- Family is current on all financial obligations to the school
Additional Dimensions of Program:
- Reduction will be made to monthly payments, or award amount will be refunded if tuition for the applicable academic year is already paid in full
- Family may elect to apply the scholarship to one of the Academy's charitable funds.