Gazelles of the Sacred Heart are swift in their ability to learn new information and combine it with experience to be superior problem-solvers, critical thinkers and those whose integrity matches the values of the Gospel and the Goals and Criteria. This Gazelle Scholarship is given to a new student who exhibits leadership potential, strong character, and a commitment to excellence both inside and outside the classroom.
Candidates must exhibit the qualities of strong Christian values, intellectual and academic pursuits, sense of awareness of the needs of others, inclusion of others in work and play, and an understanding of her strengths and limitations.
New students eligible to apply for the Gazelle Scholarship will be notified in the acceptance letter and invited to complete the Scholarship Application Form. Scholarship applicants will then meet with the Scholarship Committee for a personal interview and to submit a writing sample.
Amount and Eligibility:
- $4,000 scholarship, renewable for up to four years
- Girls entering Grades 5-11
Conditions for Annual Renewal:
- Commitment to Goals and Criteria is evident in student and family
- Student demonstrates continued excellence
- Family is current on all financial obligations to the school
Additional Dimensions of Program:
- Award will be reflected and applied on the enrollment contract
- Scholarship may be applied to any charitable fund at the Academy of the Sacred Heart or used by recipient toward tuition
Scholarship Application Process:
- Following acceptance to ASH, the applicant's parent must complete a Scholarship Application Form.
- The following criteria will be assessed for each scholarship applicant:
- Achieves 85-92% composite score on the admissions testing
- Review of recent standardized testing
- Eligible applicants will be invited to the final steps of the selection process:
- Personal interview with scholarship committee
- Complete a writing sample at the time of the personal interview
- The award will be reflected on the enrollment contract.