Distinctive and Diverse
- Approximately 400 students attend the Academy; girls are educated in the Early Childhood Program through Grade 12 and boys in the Early Childhood Program through Grade 8.
- The low student-to-teacher ratio averages 12:1.
- Our families represent 40+ local communities.
- The Academy is committed to cultural and religious diversity. The student body represents four continents, and some seven languages are spoken. Approximately 25% of students are non-Catholic.
Independent yet Connected
- ASH is the oldest independent school in Michigan. Founded in 1851 in Detroit, it moved to its current location in Bloomfield Hills in 1958.
- The Academy is part of a network of 25 Sacred Heart schools in the U.S. and Canada and part of a community of schools in 41 countries around the world.
- The Academy is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States and the Network of Sacred Heart Schools.
- As an independent school, it is owned, operated and governed by a Board of Trustees and is financially self-supporting.
Ready for College; Ready for Life
- One hundred percent of ASH graduates attend college, and more than 98% of graduating seniors are accepted at their first college or university of choice.
- ASH students engage in 200+ hours of community service weekly. The Community Service Program serves the educational, nutritional and social needs of children and adults in our neighboring communities.
- All Upper School students at the Academy participate in a unique program called Project Term. The program provides an opportunity for students to explore and learn in a focused unit of study as part of the total curriculum. Recent projects included trips to the Amazon, Nicaragua, and England.
Progressive Education, Steeped in Tradition
- The school's Catholic chapel provides a setting for student reflection, all-school liturgies and prayer services. Elegant and inviting, the Chapel is also a unique wedding venue.
- The 28-acre campus allows for outdoor and indoor hands-on learning as well as a contemplative education.
- ASH empowers students through developmentally appropriate technology; technology is integrated at all levels and within all disciplines beginning with Primary School.
- ASH has a rich tradition of excellence in sports, enjoying 20 state championship titles, five all-American athletes and 14 "Coach of the Year" honorees. Sports include: lacrosse, field hockey, golf, tennis, volleyball, basketball, skiing, ice hockey and soccer. The no-cut policy encourages every student a chance to play a sport.
- The campus includes a state-of-the-sport, 31,000 square foot Field House. The multi-sport facility complements sports fields and landscaping that are both ecologically and environmentally friendly.